Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dew Drop Inn

Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants. Deuteronomy 32:2.


Let me begin by saying I have the best family. As I am preparing for the next step in my life they have graciously allowed and welcomed me to stay back home for a few months. We joke that it is a revolving door around the Mills house as they have had many family and friends stay as guests over the years. My parents are the type of people who will give sacrificially without little to nothing required in return. Me, my sister, my uncle and others have been blessed to be in a place that warmly shows the love of Christ. Beyond just providing a place to stay they have provided much more that I could ever begin to write.

My dad has become my best friend as we spend many afternoons together watching football, playing golf, or sharing a religious discussion. My mom is the one person in my life that completely understands me and at times knows me better than I even know myself. My sister is a true example of what it means to be a Godly woman who loves people and loves the Lord. I am blessed.

If you ever have the opportunity to be around these great people your life will be better for it. If you are a person that needs to feel the love of Christ I know that my family is one of the most caring families that you will ever meet. If you ever need someone to tell you harsh truth in love they are always willing to go the extra mile.

Who I am is greatly shaped by these people. I will forever be indebted to them as they have shown me what it means to be a man that chases after the things of God. So I extend this invitation. If you haven't already met the better part of who the Mills family is... do so. You will enjoy the experience. Who knows you might even have the chance to come over and see my mom greet you with her kind words, "Dew Drop Inn."

2 comments:

  1. While this house was still under construction Mom prayed it would be used to God's glory and then proceeded to make sure the entire house was covered with scriptures written on its very foundation and structure. I'm not really sure she had any idea of the journey that decision had started!

    ReplyDelete