Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dreams, Planes, and A Calling

Dreams are wonderful. For some reason I have discovered that I am the type of guy that can remember my dreams pretty well after I wake up. I think this is because I am naturally someone who thinks more creatively than they do logically. Whatever the case may be, I love to dream.

I was recently laying awake late at night in my bed - not being able to fall completely asleep. I kept waking up from unconsciousness after only being asleep a few minutes here and there. As I lay restlessly I heard a sound that reminded me of a dream that God has recently been placing on my heart. It was the sound of an airplane passing overhead. It was quiet and subtle but it spoke loudly to me. I listened, and in doing so I found my eyes were getting heavier and my spirit was growing less restless and before long I was finally in deep sleep. Dreaming. Dreaming of the next time I will be boarding a plane.

For those of you who don't know I will be moving to NYC in November. I am getting on a plane and flying to the Big Apple to pursue a dream; moreover, a calling. It has been quite a while since I have pursued a calling that has led me into full-time ministry. But after some healing from some circumstances and wrong decisions on my part I am more than ready for where God is taking me.

I depend on Christ in a way that I never did before. I have learned that I can't even really make it through my day the way that I should without connecting with Him. I have also learned to love people and care for them and their hurts at a deeper level. These are things that I have learned over the past few years that I have spent healing. This has positioned me well for NYC and the calling He has given me.

So what will I be doing? Where will I be living? Yes there is a plan. No I'm not just randomly going on a hope and whim. But in a lot of ways I am just "going." I know that God has called. I know that I am to GO. I will tell you more details about this move over the next few days. But for now, know that I have heard God's call so I am boarding a plane real soon in order to GO and live out a dream.

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

1 comment:

  1. Let me understand this...God said "Go to New York!" and so your going. Sounds way to complicated for me!

    ReplyDelete