Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Feeling Like a Champion @ Lake Champion


I have had the opportunity to get away from the city for the past couple of days. It has been refreshing and extremely educational. I am at Lake Champion attending the Multicultural Retreat for Young Life staff who work in urban settings. Being taught about how to do ministry in our setting and hearing the stories of others in the trenches like me has provided so much fuel!

Meanwhile my Young Life Chelsea volunteer team rocked it last night at club in NYC without me! When I say rocked it... they had over 15 kids attend club and did a tremendous job running everything without me! I feel like a champion because I am surrounded by a volunteer team of champions that are making ministry happen in the Big Apple (even while I'm by the big lake).

I'm telling you, this is exciting stuff and if you haven't been tuning in... make sure you do now. This stuff is about to explode! I feel confident that we will soon see kids introduced to Jesus and then be able to help them walk in their faith!

Pray for us:

- Pray that we will find a place to meet for our weekly club meetings (McD's ain't gonna cut it much longer).
- Pray that volunteer workers will continue to see themselves as missionaries.
- Pray that I am able to bring at least 2 teens back with me to Lake Champion for Young Life summer camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment