Monday, November 9, 2009

Go Green! (an apology)

This is a formal apology to all my environmental followers. It has unfortunately recently come to my attention that I have been involved in certain situations where I have supported and may even contributed to activities that might be considered offensive to you. Please know that I am truly regretful and remorseful for any pain that I may have caused my "green" friends, especially those that have such a passionate heart for the many trees of the world.

Yes it is true! I was at the Yankee ticker tape parade this past week. Regretfully I did cheer for the MLB World Champs as tons upon tons of paper were being tossed out of windows and rooftops of many downtown office buildings. While I didn't personally participate in the actual misuse of these resources that nature has so graciously bestowed on us, I did however stand idly by and do nothing to prevent it from happening or even clean it up afterwards.

It is also true that I have been recently applying for several, no many, jobs. In doing so I have dropped off quite a few resumes in the hands of many, many potential employers. Sadly, I have not even checked to see if I was using recycled paper or not. This fact in hindsight was not my best decision. However, I do feel as though it is vitally important that I do continue to hand out my resumes.

With that being said I hope that you will still keep up with me and follow my blog. The Internet is a quite environmentally sound option for communicating. Hopefully the bottom line is that I have obviously admitted to my mistakes and will more carefully consider my options in the future. Unfortunately I cannot promise I won't be at the next ticker tape parade for the World Champion Yankees when they win the 2010 World Series, but I might lend a hand and actually pick up some of the ticker tape confetti and then place it in a recycling bin. And who knows... after I have actually found a job I might just go out and plant a tree. Okay lets be honest, that probably won't happen. Go green!

1 comment:

  1. Go Green baby! Does this mean I have to sell the mustang? Oh no!

    What's up Mills? Good luck with everything. I'll try to keep up with your blog. Come see us sometime soon!

    -Tommy

    ReplyDelete